Train collides with tractor-trailer in Newark, Del.
NEWARK, Del. - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Newark police say a tractor-trailer driver has been critically injured when a freight train hit his rig.
The police investigation determined the crossing gate at West Main and Elkton came down on the UPS tractor trailer just before 2:00 p.m.Friday afternoon, and the CSX freight train struck the passenger side of the cab as the driver tried pulling away.
42-year-old Joseph C. Mounts of Felton was trapped in the wreckage, and it took more than 20 minutes before he was pulled out.
Police say Mounts had made a delivery and had gotten back into the truck when a CSX train approached.
He was taken to the hospital where he is listed in critically injured.
delaware, newark, accident, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr