PWD crews shut off watermain break in Juniata
PHILADELPHIA - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Water Department crews were called to shut down a ruptured water line in the Juniata section Friday night.
Water rushed through the streets of Bristol and Collins shortly after 8:30 p.m. stretching for over two blocks.Crews managed to shut down the water flow while they searched for the water main break.
There is no word on the size of the damaged main or how many customers were affected.
water main break, philadelphia, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire