Pennsauken officer shoots man fleeing from car stop
CAMDEN NJ - November 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsauken police officer shot at a man who authorities say fled during a car stop.
It happened shortly before 3:00 Saturday morning near the intersection of 27th Street and Marlton Pike.
Pennsauken police conducted a traffic stop in the area. Police say the driver - 25-year-old Aaron McNeil - got out of the vehicle and fled.
An officer pursued and as the chase neared the Washington Park Apartments, police say McNeil displayed a gun.
Theofficer fired, striking the suspect in the calf.
McNeil was taken to an area hospital, where he was treated and released into police custody.
Police say a handgun was recovered.
McNeil faces Aggravated Assault and weapons related charges.
new jersey, camden county, police, shooting, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 4 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
42 min ago