Pennsauken officer shoots man fleeing from car stop
CAMDEN NJ - November 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsauken police officer shot at a man who authorities say fled during a car stop.
It happened shortly before 3:00 Saturday morning near the intersection of 27th Street and Marlton Pike.
Pennsauken police conducted a traffic stop in the area. Police say the driver - 25-year-old Aaron McNeil - got out of the vehicle and fled.
An officer pursued and as the chase neared the Washington Park Apartments, police say McNeil displayed a gun.
Theofficer fired, striking the suspect in the calf.
McNeil was taken to an area hospital, where he was treated and released into police custody.
Police say a handgun was recovered.
McNeil faces Aggravated Assault and weapons related charges.
new jersey, camden county, police, shooting, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 18 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 17 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar