Del. woman injured when car crashes into house
FELTON, Del. - November 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating an accident where a car crashed into a house crash in Felton, Delaware Saturday morning.
The accident happened in the 7400 block of South DuPont Highway just after 11:00 a.m.
Police say 22-year-old Carlot Stinvil was driving south on DuPont Highway when he lost control of his car, striking a mailbox and wooden fence before going airborne and crashing into a house.
Police say three people were inside the residence at the time of the crash. A 55-year-old woman was taken to Kent General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The other two adults were uninjured.
The driver was also transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police say he is facing a number of charges including driving without a valid license, driving without proof of insurance and inattentive driving.
The home was condemned by the Kent County Codes department due to structural damage.
accident, kent county, delaware, local/state
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 32 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 14 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
27 min ago