Community tip leads to Wilmington drug arrest
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say help from the community lead to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning on the 200 block of North Franklin Street.
Officers received information that 24-year-old Elijah Bey was dealing drugs in the area.
Police arrived and spotted Bey. Upon learning that he already had a warrant out for his arrest, he was taken into custody.
While conducting the arrest, officers found Bey in possession of 36 bags of heroin.
Bey faces charges for Posession of a Controlled Substance and remains in custody at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.
delaware, wilmington, drugs, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 13 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 3 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
13 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
3 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos