Community tip leads to Wilmington drug arrest
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say help from the community lead to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning on the 200 block of North Franklin Street.
Officers received information that 24-year-old Elijah Bey was dealing drugs in the area.
Police arrived and spotted Bey. Upon learning that he already had a warrant out for his arrest, he was taken into custody.
While conducting the arrest, officers found Bey in possession of 36 bags of heroin.
Bey faces charges for Posession of a Controlled Substance and remains in custody at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.
delaware, wilmington, drugs, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 57 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 56 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
59 min ago