Community tip leads to Wilmington drug arrest
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say help from the community lead to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning on the 200 block of North Franklin Street.
Officers received information that 24-year-old Elijah Bey was dealing drugs in the area.
Police arrived and spotted Bey. Upon learning that he already had a warrant out for his arrest, he was taken into custody.
While conducting the arrest, officers found Bey in possession of 36 bags of heroin.
Bey faces charges for Posession of a Controlled Substance and remains in custody at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.
delaware, wilmington, drugs, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos