Community tip leads to Wilmington drug arrest
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say help from the community lead to the arrest of an alleged drug dealer in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning on the 200 block of North Franklin Street.
Officers received information that 24-year-old Elijah Bey was dealing drugs in the area.
Police arrived and spotted Bey. Upon learning that he already had a warrant out for his arrest, he was taken into custody.
While conducting the arrest, officers found Bey in possession of 36 bags of heroin.
Bey faces charges for Posession of a Controlled Substance and remains in custody at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.
delaware, wilmington, drugs, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 29 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 2 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 14 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 2 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
29 min ago