Off-duty corrections officer killed in Trenton
TRENTON, N.J. - November 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of an off-duty New Jersey corrections officer.
The shooting happened around 1:15 a.m. Sunday at a banquet hall located on Morris Avenue in Trenton, New Jersey.
According to investigators, 26-year-old Carl Batie had rented the hall out as a night club, and was on the second floor of the building when shots rang out.
Batie was pronounced dead a short time later.
No one else was injured in the shooting.
Police are not sure if Batie was targeted.
So far, no arrests have been made.
trenton, new jersey, mercer county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 1 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
1 min ago