NJ's utilities restore power to most
TRENTON, N.J. - November 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's utilities have restored electricity to nearly all their customers who lost service during Sandy and the nor'easter.
Restoration work continues for 6,197 homes and businesses statewide Monday.
Public Service Electric & Gas is reporting 278 outages, mainly in Union, Middlesex and Somerset counties. Most were victims of high winds along the Watchung Mountains.
Jersey Central Power & Light has 3,470 customers waiting for service. The majority are in Morris County. JCP&L says about 30,000 customers on the barrier islands and along the Jersey shore can't be restored due to major damage.
Atlantic City Electric has 2,441 outages, mostly in Ocean County.
Orange & Rockland is reporting 8 customers remain without service.
new jersey, power outage, hurricane sandy, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos