2 sought in hotel robbery near Phila Int'l Airport
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the men who burst into a hotel near Philadelphia International Airport, and tied up people inside.
The robbery happened around 2:00 a.m. Tuesday at the Embassy Suites, located on the 9000 block of Bartram Avenue in Southwest Philadelphia.
Two armed suspects, including one who wore a mask, tied up a customer and a clerk behind the front desk. According to police the suspects forced the two victims in a back office. It was there that they robbed a safe of $400 cash before fleeing the hotel.
Luckily no one was injured.
Hotel guest Kenny Young told Action News Tuesday morning, "Everybody seems really calm. It doesn't really seem like anything happened."
Others staying at the hotel agreed with Young, saying they had no idea anything had happened until they went downstairs and saw police.
Police continued their investigation throughout the morning. Officers returned mid morning to fingerprint the scene. But police spent most of the morning waiting to get a look at the hotel's surveillance video.
According to police, the hotel customer held up at gunpoint caught an early flight out and the employee went home after being interviewed by investigators.
Initial reports came through that there were evacuations, however, that was not the case.
hotels, robbery, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
40 min ago