Judge weighs settlement in Del. pediatrician case
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County judge will soon weigh in on a proposed $123 million settlement in a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of victims of former Delaware pediatrician Earl Bradley.
The judge was to hold a hearing Tuesday to consider a motion to approve the settlement and associated attorney fees.
Bradley is serving life in prison after being convicted on criminal charges based on scores of homemade videos showing him molesting scores of children, mostly toddlers, over several years.
Defendants in the civil lawsuit included Beebe Medical Center, where Bradley had hospital privileges, the Medical Society of Delaware, and five physicians accused by the plaintiffs of not reporting suspicions about the ex-doctor to authorities.
child abuse, child sex assault, child porn, children, lawsuit, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 17 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 32 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 26 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled 31 min ago
- High wings bring damage to Abington Twp. 34 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Souderton student to sing at Carnegie Hall
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police