Family IDs teen struck, killed by car in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old boy is dead after he was hit by a car on Monday night in Lower Pottsgrove, Montgomery County.
The accident happened at 8:55 p.m. at East High Street and Sunnyside Avenue.
Police say the teen, identified as Tim Paciello, was walking across High Street and was hit while standing in a turning lane.
Paciello was flown to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is planned by the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office.
The Montgomery County D.A. said the driver of the striking vehicle is a 43-year-old Collegeville woman, who was cooperative with police. She stayed on the scene and voluntarily provided blood, the D.A. said.
The Superintendent of Pottsgrove High School was notified of the accident last night and assembled a crisis team, the D.A. said. Grief counselors are available for the students.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show