Family IDs teen struck, killed by car in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old boy is dead after he was hit by a car on Monday night in Lower Pottsgrove, Montgomery County.
The accident happened at 8:55 p.m. at East High Street and Sunnyside Avenue.
Police say the teen, identified as Tim Paciello, was walking across High Street and was hit while standing in a turning lane.
Paciello was flown to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is planned by the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office.
The Montgomery County D.A. said the driver of the striking vehicle is a 43-year-old Collegeville woman, who was cooperative with police. She stayed on the scene and voluntarily provided blood, the D.A. said.
The Superintendent of Pottsgrove High School was notified of the accident last night and assembled a crisis team, the D.A. said. Grief counselors are available for the students.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot in Wilmington 25 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 13 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition