Family IDs teen struck, killed by car in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old boy is dead after he was hit by a car on Monday night in Lower Pottsgrove, Montgomery County.
The accident happened at 8:55 p.m. at East High Street and Sunnyside Avenue.
Police say the teen, identified as Tim Paciello, was walking across High Street and was hit while standing in a turning lane.
Paciello was flown to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is planned by the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office.
The Montgomery County D.A. said the driver of the striking vehicle is a 43-year-old Collegeville woman, who was cooperative with police. She stayed on the scene and voluntarily provided blood, the D.A. said.
The Superintendent of Pottsgrove High School was notified of the accident last night and assembled a crisis team, the D.A. said. Grief counselors are available for the students.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 15 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos