Family IDs teen struck, killed by car in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old boy is dead after he was hit by a car on Monday night in Lower Pottsgrove, Montgomery County.
The accident happened at 8:55 p.m. at East High Street and Sunnyside Avenue.
Police say the teen, identified as Tim Paciello, was walking across High Street and was hit while standing in a turning lane.
Paciello was flown to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is planned by the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office.
The Montgomery County D.A. said the driver of the striking vehicle is a 43-year-old Collegeville woman, who was cooperative with police. She stayed on the scene and voluntarily provided blood, the D.A. said.
The Superintendent of Pottsgrove High School was notified of the accident last night and assembled a crisis team, the D.A. said. Grief counselors are available for the students.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 3 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 24 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
3 min ago