Family IDs teen struck, killed by car in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old boy is dead after he was hit by a car on Monday night in Lower Pottsgrove, Montgomery County.
The accident happened at 8:55 p.m. at East High Street and Sunnyside Avenue.
Police say the teen, identified as Tim Paciello, was walking across High Street and was hit while standing in a turning lane.
Paciello was flown to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is planned by the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office.
The Montgomery County D.A. said the driver of the striking vehicle is a 43-year-old Collegeville woman, who was cooperative with police. She stayed on the scene and voluntarily provided blood, the D.A. said.
The Superintendent of Pottsgrove High School was notified of the accident last night and assembled a crisis team, the D.A. said. Grief counselors are available for the students.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish