Teen struck, killed by SUV in Upper Moreland
UPPER MORELAND, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 17-year-old high school student was killed while crossing a road in Upper Moreland Township, Montgomery County Tuesday evening.
The accident happened at approximately 5:35 p.m. on Blair Mill Road near Moreland Avenue. Police say the victim, a student at Upper Moreland High School, was crossing Blair Mill Road and was standing in the painted medial area when hit.
The teenager was taken to Abington Memorial Hospital where he was declared dead. His identity has not yet been released.
The driver of the striking vehicle, described only as a 39-year-old Warrington woman, stopped at the scene and was cooperative with police.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances that led to this tragic accident.
This accident came one day after another teenager, 16-year-old Tim Paciello, was stuck and killed by a car in Lower Pottsgove, Montgomery County.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases