Teen struck, killed by SUV in Upper Moreland
UPPER MORELAND, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 17-year-old high school student was killed while crossing a road in Upper Moreland Township, Montgomery County Tuesday evening.
The accident happened at approximately 5:35 p.m. on Blair Mill Road near Moreland Avenue. Police say the victim, a student at Upper Moreland High School, was crossing Blair Mill Road and was standing in the painted medial area when hit.
The teenager was taken to Abington Memorial Hospital where he was declared dead. His identity has not yet been released.
The driver of the striking vehicle, described only as a 39-year-old Warrington woman, stopped at the scene and was cooperative with police.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances that led to this tragic accident.
This accident came one day after another teenager, 16-year-old Tim Paciello, was stuck and killed by a car in Lower Pottsgove, Montgomery County.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 9 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...