Teen struck, killed by SUV in Upper Moreland
UPPER MORELAND, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 17-year-old high school student was killed while crossing a road in Upper Moreland Township, Montgomery County Tuesday evening.
The accident happened at approximately 5:35 p.m. on Blair Mill Road near Moreland Avenue. Police say the victim, a student at Upper Moreland High School, was crossing Blair Mill Road and was standing in the painted medial area when hit.
The teenager was taken to Abington Memorial Hospital where he was declared dead. His identity has not yet been released.
The driver of the striking vehicle, described only as a 39-year-old Warrington woman, stopped at the scene and was cooperative with police.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances that led to this tragic accident.
This accident came one day after another teenager, 16-year-old Tim Paciello, was stuck and killed by a car in Lower Pottsgove, Montgomery County.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 6 min ago
- Record Warmth! 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 27 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 27 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 14 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
6 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
17 min ago
- Record Warmth!
57 min ago