Teen struck, killed by SUV in Upper Moreland
UPPER MORELAND, Pa. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 17-year-old high school student was killed while crossing a road in Upper Moreland Township, Montgomery County Tuesday evening.
The accident happened at approximately 5:35 p.m. on Blair Mill Road near Moreland Avenue. Police say the victim, a student at Upper Moreland High School, was crossing Blair Mill Road and was standing in the painted medial area when hit.
The teenager was taken to Abington Memorial Hospital where he was declared dead. His identity has not yet been released.
The driver of the striking vehicle, described only as a 39-year-old Warrington woman, stopped at the scene and was cooperative with police.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances that led to this tragic accident.
This accident came one day after another teenager, 16-year-old Tim Paciello, was stuck and killed by a car in Lower Pottsgove, Montgomery County.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 39 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 25 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 31 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply