Ex-prosecutor on trial in teen hit-and-run crash
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania prosecutors say a former assistant district attorney drank eight pints of beer before hitting a 14-year-old boy with his car and driving away.
Former Delaware County prosecutor Michael Donohue is on trial on charges including aggravated assault for the November 2011 incident in Upper Darby.
Another former prosecutor testified Tuesday that he drank one of the nine 20-ounce beers on Donohue's bar tab from the night the boy was hit while riding his skateboard.
Senior Deputy Attorney General Joseph McGettigan says Donohue hit the boy, got out to check his car for damage, then drove off and parked his car in a garage.
Donohue's attorney acknowledged his client struck the boy but says Donohue wasn't drunk.
hit and run, accident, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 9 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 16 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 27 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
9 min ago