Ex-prosecutor on trial in teen hit-and-run crash
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania prosecutors say a former assistant district attorney drank eight pints of beer before hitting a 14-year-old boy with his car and driving away.
Former Delaware County prosecutor Michael Donohue is on trial on charges including aggravated assault for the November 2011 incident in Upper Darby.
Another former prosecutor testified Tuesday that he drank one of the nine 20-ounce beers on Donohue's bar tab from the night the boy was hit while riding his skateboard.
Senior Deputy Attorney General Joseph McGettigan says Donohue hit the boy, got out to check his car for damage, then drove off and parked his car in a garage.
Donohue's attorney acknowledged his client struck the boy but says Donohue wasn't drunk.
hit and run, accident, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 30 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7