Ex-prosecutor on trial in teen hit-and-run crash
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania prosecutors say a former assistant district attorney drank eight pints of beer before hitting a 14-year-old boy with his car and driving away.
Former Delaware County prosecutor Michael Donohue is on trial on charges including aggravated assault for the November 2011 incident in Upper Darby.
Another former prosecutor testified Tuesday that he drank one of the nine 20-ounce beers on Donohue's bar tab from the night the boy was hit while riding his skateboard.
Senior Deputy Attorney General Joseph McGettigan says Donohue hit the boy, got out to check his car for damage, then drove off and parked his car in a garage.
Donohue's attorney acknowledged his client struck the boy but says Donohue wasn't drunk.
hit and run, accident, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 39 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos