Ex-prosecutor on trial in teen hit-and-run crash
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania prosecutors say a former assistant district attorney drank eight pints of beer before hitting a 14-year-old boy with his car and driving away.
Former Delaware County prosecutor Michael Donohue is on trial on charges including aggravated assault for the November 2011 incident in Upper Darby.
Another former prosecutor testified Tuesday that he drank one of the nine 20-ounce beers on Donohue's bar tab from the night the boy was hit while riding his skateboard.
Senior Deputy Attorney General Joseph McGettigan says Donohue hit the boy, got out to check his car for damage, then drove off and parked his car in a garage.
Donohue's attorney acknowledged his client struck the boy but says Donohue wasn't drunk.
hit and run, accident, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 10 min ago
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 4 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 36 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
30 min ago