Ex-prosecutor on trial in teen hit-and-run crash
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania prosecutors say a former assistant district attorney drank eight pints of beer before hitting a 14-year-old boy with his car and driving away.
Former Delaware County prosecutor Michael Donohue is on trial on charges including aggravated assault for the November 2011 incident in Upper Darby.
Another former prosecutor testified Tuesday that he drank one of the nine 20-ounce beers on Donohue's bar tab from the night the boy was hit while riding his skateboard.
Senior Deputy Attorney General Joseph McGettigan says Donohue hit the boy, got out to check his car for damage, then drove off and parked his car in a garage.
Donohue's attorney acknowledged his client struck the boy but says Donohue wasn't drunk.
hit and run, accident, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 18 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 37 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 5 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 3 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.