Armed bandits rob Dunkin Donuts in Delaware
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating an armed robbery at a Dunkin Donuts store in New Castle.
It happened at 12:46 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North Dupont Highway.
Police say two masked men, one armed with a handgun, the other with a knife, walked into the store and demanded money from a 34-year-old employee and a 46-year-old customer.
The employee gave them an undisclosed amount of cash from the register. The men took a cell phone from the customer, then ordered both the employee and the customer into a closet and fled.
No one was injured.
State police have released the following description of the suspects:
Suspect 1: Black male, approximately 6', 170 pounds, 20 to 25 years old, wearing a mask, hooded sweatshirt, and jeans. Armed with an unknown type handgun.
Suspect 2: Black male, approximately 6', 170 pounds, 20 to 25 years old, wearing a mask, hooded sweatshirt, and jeans. Armed with a knife.
State Police are asking anyone with information about the robbery or suspects to contact the Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 extension #6, or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
Information may also be provided via the internet at tipsubmit.com, or anonymously text-messaged to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
delaware, robbery, new castle county, dunkin donuts, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book