Police fire at suspected shooter, killing him
KENSINGTON - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A domestic dispute ended with a deadly police-involved shooting in Philadelphia's Kensington section.
It all unfolded shortly before 8:00 p.m. along the 3400 block of North Braddock Street.
Police say they responded to a report of shots fired inside a residence.
As officers arrived, they discovered a 36-year-old woman along the street with two gunshot wounds to the shoulder.
Her alleged shooter, described by police as her 19-year-old nephew, followed her to the street.
Officers demanded he drop the gun, but the man refused. Police say he then moved in a threatening manner at the officers.
That's when at least one officer shot the man in the chest, killing him.
The woman was transported to Temple University Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
philadelphia, kensington, police, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 22 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 44 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 14 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 41 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 5 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
22 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
14 min ago