Police fire at suspected shooter, killing him
KENSINGTON - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A domestic dispute ended with a deadly police-involved shooting in Philadelphia's Kensington section.
It all unfolded shortly before 8:00 p.m. along the 3400 block of North Braddock Street.
Police say they responded to a report of shots fired inside a residence.
As officers arrived, they discovered a 36-year-old woman along the street with two gunshot wounds to the shoulder.
Her alleged shooter, described by police as her 19-year-old nephew, followed her to the street.
Officers demanded he drop the gun, but the man refused. Police say he then moved in a threatening manner at the officers.
That's when at least one officer shot the man in the chest, killing him.
The woman was transported to Temple University Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
philadelphia, kensington, police, shooting, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 17 min ago
- Easter Sunshine
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 11 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 22 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
17 min ago