Car crashes and bursts into flames in Somerton
SOMERTON - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a car crashed then burst into flames in the Somerton section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:45 a.m. on Bustleton Avenue and Veree Road.
According to police, a driver lost control of his car then struck a utility pole which snapped in half.
The car then erupted in flames but the driver managed to get out with only minor injuries.
The fire department called PECO to shut off the power so they could put the car fire out.
accident, fire, somerton, philadelphia, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 22 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 48 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 13 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 50 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 21 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
40 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
22 min ago
- Man mistaken for dead passes away
18 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
50 min ago