Car crashes and bursts into flames in Somerton
SOMERTON - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a car crashed then burst into flames in the Somerton section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:45 a.m. on Bustleton Avenue and Veree Road.
According to police, a driver lost control of his car then struck a utility pole which snapped in half.
The car then erupted in flames but the driver managed to get out with only minor injuries.
The fire department called PECO to shut off the power so they could put the car fire out.
accident, fire, somerton, philadelphia, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 53 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 16 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ