Car crashes and bursts into flames in Somerton
SOMERTON - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a car crashed then burst into flames in the Somerton section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:45 a.m. on Bustleton Avenue and Veree Road.
According to police, a driver lost control of his car then struck a utility pole which snapped in half.
The car then erupted in flames but the driver managed to get out with only minor injuries.
The fire department called PECO to shut off the power so they could put the car fire out.
accident, fire, somerton, philadelphia, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl awaiting transplant 18-months later 5 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore