Car crashes and bursts into flames in Somerton
SOMERTON - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a car crashed then burst into flames in the Somerton section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:45 a.m. on Bustleton Avenue and Veree Road.
According to police, a driver lost control of his car then struck a utility pole which snapped in half.
The car then erupted in flames but the driver managed to get out with only minor injuries.
The fire department called PECO to shut off the power so they could put the car fire out.
accident, fire, somerton, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 54 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
54 min ago