Baby born inside car on Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman gave birth to a baby boy inside a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County Thursday morning.
The woman, who was in a Toyota Prius, pulled over on the westbound turnpike at mile marker 336.7 in Whitemarsh Township.
Dispatchers tell Action News the father delivered the baby in the front seat of the car.
State police say the baby's parents were heading to the hospital when they pulled over at mile marker 336.7 and called for help.
The new mother and her full-term baby were then transported by ambulance to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Initial reports indicate that both mom and son are in good health.
Action News is working on this story and will update with new details as they become available.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, pennsylvania turnpike, childbirth, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 57 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids