Baby born inside car on Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman gave birth to a baby boy inside a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County Thursday morning.
The woman, who was in a Toyota Prius, pulled over on the westbound turnpike at mile marker 336.7 in Whitemarsh Township.
Dispatchers tell Action News the father delivered the baby in the front seat of the car.
State police say the baby's parents were heading to the hospital when they pulled over at mile marker 336.7 and called for help.
The new mother and her full-term baby were then transported by ambulance to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Initial reports indicate that both mom and son are in good health.
Action News is working on this story and will update with new details as they become available.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, pennsylvania turnpike, childbirth, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 9 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
35 min ago