Baby born inside car on Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman gave birth to a baby boy inside a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County Thursday morning.
The woman, who was in a Toyota Prius, pulled over on the westbound turnpike at mile marker 336.7 in Whitemarsh Township.
Dispatchers tell Action News the father delivered the baby in the front seat of the car.
State police say the baby's parents were heading to the hospital when they pulled over at mile marker 336.7 and called for help.
The new mother and her full-term baby were then transported by ambulance to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Initial reports indicate that both mom and son are in good health.
Action News is working on this story and will update with new details as they become available.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, pennsylvania turnpike, childbirth, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 53 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 13 min ago
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 2 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
13 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
2 min ago