Baby born inside car on Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman gave birth to a baby boy inside a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County Thursday morning.
The woman, who was in a Toyota Prius, pulled over on the westbound turnpike at mile marker 336.7 in Whitemarsh Township.
Dispatchers tell Action News the father delivered the baby in the front seat of the car.
State police say the baby's parents were heading to the hospital when they pulled over at mile marker 336.7 and called for help.
The new mother and her full-term baby were then transported by ambulance to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Initial reports indicate that both mom and son are in good health.
Action News is working on this story and will update with new details as they become available.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, pennsylvania turnpike, childbirth, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower