Baby born inside car on Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman gave birth to a baby boy inside a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County Thursday morning.
The woman, who was in a Toyota Prius, pulled over on the westbound turnpike at mile marker 336.7 in Whitemarsh Township.
Dispatchers tell Action News the father delivered the baby in the front seat of the car.
State police say the baby's parents were heading to the hospital when they pulled over at mile marker 336.7 and called for help.
The new mother and her full-term baby were then transported by ambulance to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Initial reports indicate that both mom and son are in good health.
Action News is working on this story and will update with new details as they become available.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, pennsylvania turnpike, childbirth, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia