Gunman opens fire on car on Roosevelt Boulevard
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the gunmen who opened fire on a car full of people on Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident happened around 2:45 a.m. on the southbound lanes of Roosevelt Boulevard near Harbison Avenue.
A woman in her 50's and her two daughters in their 20's had just left a birthday celebration when they say a gold colored vehicle with mostly tinted windows pulled up along the driver side near Tyson Avenue. The victims tell police that someone inside the gold car started screaming at them.
The victims ignored the yelling and continued down Roosevelt Boulevard. When they reached Harbison Avenue they had to stop at the traffic light. That's where police believe the man in the passenger seat of the gold car got out and started firing shots at the women's vehicle.
The bullets went through the back and rear passenger windows of the victims' car and shattered glass all over their clothing.
The gunman then jumped back into the car and sped off.
No one was hit during the shooting and police believe the attack may have been random.
The gunman is described as being black with a light complexion or Hispanic, 5'2" tall with a small build, and short black dreadlocks. The woman in the driver seat is described as being heavy set.
Police are now looking for surveillance footage in the area, which they are hoping could help in this case.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held on $250,000 a piece 1 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 53 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport