Gunman opens fire on car on Roosevelt Boulevard
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the gunmen who opened fire on a car full of people on Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident happened around 2:45 a.m. on the southbound lanes of Roosevelt Boulevard near Harbison Avenue.
A woman in her 50's and her two daughters in their 20's had just left a birthday celebration when they say a gold colored vehicle with mostly tinted windows pulled up along the driver side near Tyson Avenue. The victims tell police that someone inside the gold car started screaming at them.
The victims ignored the yelling and continued down Roosevelt Boulevard. When they reached Harbison Avenue they had to stop at the traffic light. That's where police believe the man in the passenger seat of the gold car got out and started firing shots at the women's vehicle.
The bullets went through the back and rear passenger windows of the victims' car and shattered glass all over their clothing.
The gunman then jumped back into the car and sped off.
No one was hit during the shooting and police believe the attack may have been random.
The gunman is described as being black with a light complexion or Hispanic, 5'2" tall with a small build, and short black dreadlocks. The woman in the driver seat is described as being heavy set.
Police are now looking for surveillance footage in the area, which they are hoping could help in this case.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars with bat 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 29 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 16 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
29 min ago