Gunman opens fire on car on Roosevelt Boulevard
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the gunmen who opened fire on a car full of people on Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident happened around 2:45 a.m. on the southbound lanes of Roosevelt Boulevard near Harbison Avenue.
A woman in her 50's and her two daughters in their 20's had just left a birthday celebration when they say a gold colored vehicle with mostly tinted windows pulled up along the driver side near Tyson Avenue. The victims tell police that someone inside the gold car started screaming at them.
The victims ignored the yelling and continued down Roosevelt Boulevard. When they reached Harbison Avenue they had to stop at the traffic light. That's where police believe the man in the passenger seat of the gold car got out and started firing shots at the women's vehicle.
The bullets went through the back and rear passenger windows of the victims' car and shattered glass all over their clothing.
The gunman then jumped back into the car and sped off.
No one was hit during the shooting and police believe the attack may have been random.
The gunman is described as being black with a light complexion or Hispanic, 5'2" tall with a small build, and short black dreadlocks. The woman in the driver seat is described as being heavy set.
Police are now looking for surveillance footage in the area, which they are hoping could help in this case.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 16 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 49 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber