Firefighter, mom and son injured in Montco. fire
PENNSBURG, Pa. - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A firefighter, mother and her son were injured in a townhouse fire in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania early Friday morning.
The fire broke out around midnight in the 1000 block of Valley Court.
Fire crews arrived to heavy smoke showing from the second and third floor of the townhouse.A woman and her son teen lived in the home.
Officials say the fast moving fire injured a woman and her teen son who lived in the home. Both were taken to a nearby hospital.
The teen suffered burns to his neck and back. He is listed in stable condition. His mother was taken for evaluation.
A neighbor and her children tried to help the victims. She told Action News that the teen said he had a candle lit in a closet area on the second floor.
A firefighter also injured his hand while battling the blaze that took about an hour to get under control.
The fire caused smoke and water damage to neighboring homes.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos