Firefighter, mom and son injured in Montco. fire
PENNSBURG, Pa. - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A firefighter, mother and her son were injured in a townhouse fire in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania early Friday morning.
The fire broke out around midnight in the 1000 block of Valley Court.
Fire crews arrived to heavy smoke showing from the second and third floor of the townhouse.A woman and her son teen lived in the home.
Officials say the fast moving fire injured a woman and her teen son who lived in the home. Both were taken to a nearby hospital.
The teen suffered burns to his neck and back. He is listed in stable condition. His mother was taken for evaluation.
A neighbor and her children tried to help the victims. She told Action News that the teen said he had a candle lit in a closet area on the second floor.
A firefighter also injured his hand while battling the blaze that took about an hour to get under control.
The fire caused smoke and water damage to neighboring homes.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 23 min ago
- Police: Severe neglect led to disabled man's death 5 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
23 min ago