Police: Boy, 3, killed in Pa. arson; man charged
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a little boy is dead after a man set fire to a family's Pennsylvania home thinking his ex-girlfriend was inside.
Altoona police say 62-year-old Aaron Wilson Dishong set the fire in an attempt to kill his ex but only two young children and their mother were inside.
Three-year-old Daryl Etchison Jr. was killed in the blaze. Authorities say his mother jumped from a third-floor window to save herself and her 2-year-old daughter.
Dishong allegedly incriminated himself during a phone call with a witness that was monitored by police. Investigators say he had been stalking his ex-girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him.
Dishong was jailed Thursday night on homicide, arson and related charges. He denied setting the fire following his arraignment.
Etchison's mother remains hospitalized.
arson, fire, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs