Police: Boy, 3, killed in Pa. arson; man charged
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a little boy is dead after a man set fire to a family's Pennsylvania home thinking his ex-girlfriend was inside.
Altoona police say 62-year-old Aaron Wilson Dishong set the fire in an attempt to kill his ex but only two young children and their mother were inside.
Three-year-old Daryl Etchison Jr. was killed in the blaze. Authorities say his mother jumped from a third-floor window to save herself and her 2-year-old daughter.
Dishong allegedly incriminated himself during a phone call with a witness that was monitored by police. Investigators say he had been stalking his ex-girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him.
Dishong was jailed Thursday night on homicide, arson and related charges. He denied setting the fire following his arraignment.
Etchison's mother remains hospitalized.
arson, fire, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 10 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 20 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 18 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots young man in face in Southwest Philadelphia 10 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 16 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
20 min ago