Police: Boy, 3, killed in Pa. arson; man charged
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a little boy is dead after a man set fire to a family's Pennsylvania home thinking his ex-girlfriend was inside.
Altoona police say 62-year-old Aaron Wilson Dishong set the fire in an attempt to kill his ex but only two young children and their mother were inside.
Three-year-old Daryl Etchison Jr. was killed in the blaze. Authorities say his mother jumped from a third-floor window to save herself and her 2-year-old daughter.
Dishong allegedly incriminated himself during a phone call with a witness that was monitored by police. Investigators say he had been stalking his ex-girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him.
Dishong was jailed Thursday night on homicide, arson and related charges. He denied setting the fire following his arraignment.
Etchison's mother remains hospitalized.
arson, fire, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 20 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 55 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor