Police: Boy, 3, killed in Pa. arson; man charged
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a little boy is dead after a man set fire to a family's Pennsylvania home thinking his ex-girlfriend was inside.
Altoona police say 62-year-old Aaron Wilson Dishong set the fire in an attempt to kill his ex but only two young children and their mother were inside.
Three-year-old Daryl Etchison Jr. was killed in the blaze. Authorities say his mother jumped from a third-floor window to save herself and her 2-year-old daughter.
Dishong allegedly incriminated himself during a phone call with a witness that was monitored by police. Investigators say he had been stalking his ex-girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him.
Dishong was jailed Thursday night on homicide, arson and related charges. He denied setting the fire following his arraignment.
Etchison's mother remains hospitalized.
arson, fire, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 29 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
29 min ago