Pa. man to stand trial in brutal girlfriend death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man will stand trial in the brutal slaying of his girlfriend after the man's mother testified he called her in the middle of the brutal attack and heard the victim begging for help.
Jonathan Schaffer was bound over Thursday for trial in the September killing of his live-in girlfriend, Lauren Wolstenholme, at their Allentown home. An autopsy found Wolstenholme had more than 40 knife wounds.
Schaffer's mother testified her son calmly told her he'd killed Wolstenholme. But Donna Schaffer said she heard Wolstenholme calling for help and asked her son if the woman was still alive.
The Morning Call of Allentown (http://bit.ly/RYeddI ) reports Donna Schaffer said her son went silent for a few seconds, then told her Wolstenholme wasn't alive anymore.
Police say Jonathan Schaffer told them Wolstenholme had attacked him with a knife.
assault, homicide, trial, pennsylvania, local/state
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 22 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Video: Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain