Pa. man to stand trial in brutal girlfriend death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man will stand trial in the brutal slaying of his girlfriend after the man's mother testified he called her in the middle of the brutal attack and heard the victim begging for help.
Jonathan Schaffer was bound over Thursday for trial in the September killing of his live-in girlfriend, Lauren Wolstenholme, at their Allentown home. An autopsy found Wolstenholme had more than 40 knife wounds.
Schaffer's mother testified her son calmly told her he'd killed Wolstenholme. But Donna Schaffer said she heard Wolstenholme calling for help and asked her son if the woman was still alive.
The Morning Call of Allentown (http://bit.ly/RYeddI ) reports Donna Schaffer said her son went silent for a few seconds, then told her Wolstenholme wasn't alive anymore.
Police say Jonathan Schaffer told them Wolstenholme had attacked him with a knife.
assault, homicide, trial, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- Woman fired after tweet on AIDS in Africa... 23 min ago
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Space suit issue prompts delay of second spacewalk 7 min ago