Pa. man to stand trial in brutal girlfriend death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man will stand trial in the brutal slaying of his girlfriend after the man's mother testified he called her in the middle of the brutal attack and heard the victim begging for help.
Jonathan Schaffer was bound over Thursday for trial in the September killing of his live-in girlfriend, Lauren Wolstenholme, at their Allentown home. An autopsy found Wolstenholme had more than 40 knife wounds.
Schaffer's mother testified her son calmly told her he'd killed Wolstenholme. But Donna Schaffer said she heard Wolstenholme calling for help and asked her son if the woman was still alive.
The Morning Call of Allentown (http://bit.ly/RYeddI ) reports Donna Schaffer said her son went silent for a few seconds, then told her Wolstenholme wasn't alive anymore.
Police say Jonathan Schaffer told them Wolstenholme had attacked him with a knife.
assault, homicide, trial, pennsylvania, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 51 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
46 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
51 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
43 min ago