1 wounded in SW Phila. home invasion, shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a home invasion and shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:00 Friday morning on the 1400 block of South 53rd Street.
Police say when the female victim answered the door, two men armed with guns made their way inside.
The woman was forced into the basement while one of the men went upstairs.
One shot was fired and both suspects fled the scene.
The female victim went upstairs and discovered her husband shot in the leg.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries.
No word on motive or a description of the suspects.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, home invasion, shooting, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 2 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
35 min ago