1 wounded in SW Phila. home invasion, shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a home invasion and shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:00 Friday morning on the 1400 block of South 53rd Street.
Police say when the female victim answered the door, two men armed with guns made their way inside.
The woman was forced into the basement while one of the men went upstairs.
One shot was fired and both suspects fled the scene.
The female victim went upstairs and discovered her husband shot in the leg.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries.
No word on motive or a description of the suspects.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, home invasion, shooting, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 13 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 37 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 29 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 6 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm