1 wounded in SW Phila. home invasion, shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a home invasion and shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:00 Friday morning on the 1400 block of South 53rd Street.
Police say when the female victim answered the door, two men armed with guns made their way inside.
The woman was forced into the basement while one of the men went upstairs.
One shot was fired and both suspects fled the scene.
The female victim went upstairs and discovered her husband shot in the leg.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries.
No word on motive or a description of the suspects.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, home invasion, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 7 min ago
- Milder Monday 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 7 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 7 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 7 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
7 min ago