Chester Co. man struck, killed on Del. road
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified a man who was struck and killed while trying to cross a street in Wilmington.
Troopers say 48-year-old Barry Flegal of Kennett Square, Pa., was hit while walking across Naamans Road (St. Rt. 92), west of Shipley Road on Thursday afternoon.
Police say he was struck by a car driven by 46-year-old David Bernstein of Newark.
Flegal was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
No charges have been filed as the investigation continues.
delaware, wilmington, pennsylvania, chester county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load