Police investigate alleged sexual assault in W. Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a report of a possible sexual assault that occurred overnight in West Philadelphia.
Police received reports that a 48-year-old woman was forced in to a car in the 5000 block of Irving Street around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning by two unknown men.
The victim says she was taken to an unknown location and sexually assaulted before the men released her.
The suspects are described as two black men, one with a thin build, the other heavyset with a beard. Both men were wearing ski masks.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
sex assault, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Lots of sun, chilly today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos