Police search for suspect in 4 attempted lurings
PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating several cases of attempted luring that occurred over the last week.
Police believe it could be the work of the same suspect.
The first incident happened on Monday, November 5th near Torresdale Avenue and Van Kirk Street. Police say a man grabbed a 13-year-old boy in an alleyway around 5:30pm. The suspect was described as a white male, around 40 to 50 with a beard.
The second incident happened three days later on in the 2000 block of Wakeling Street where another 13-year-old boy was approached by a man who tried to force him to walk his dog around 3:30 p.m. The man was described as a black or Hispanic man around 45-years-old with a light beard and black or gray hair.
The third incident happened on Tuesday, November 13th near Harbison Avenue and Ditman Street when a 12-year-old girl was approached by a 45 to 50-year old black or Hispanic man around 3:15 p.m. The girl ran to her friends, and the man walked away.
Two days later, police say an 11-year-old boy was followed by a man near Sanger and Ditman Streets around 3:15 p.m. Thursday. The victim said he was mumbling incoherently and described him as a black or Hispanic man with a beard, blue coat and black and white sneakers.
Police say the victims' descriptions all bear similarities, and they believe all of the children were walking home from Harding Junior High School between the hours of 3:00 and 5:00 p.m.
They are hoping that someone with information will come forward to help them solve this case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Special Victims Unit at (215) 685-3252.
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 52 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 51 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 48 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 41 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
52 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
51 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
48 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
41 min ago