Police search for suspect in 4 attempted lurings
PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating several cases of attempted luring that occurred over the last week.
Police believe it could be the work of the same suspect.
The first incident happened on Monday, November 5th near Torresdale Avenue and Van Kirk Street. Police say a man grabbed a 13-year-old boy in an alleyway around 5:30pm. The suspect was described as a white male, around 40 to 50 with a beard.
The second incident happened three days later on in the 2000 block of Wakeling Street where another 13-year-old boy was approached by a man who tried to force him to walk his dog around 3:30 p.m. The man was described as a black or Hispanic man around 45-years-old with a light beard and black or gray hair.
The third incident happened on Tuesday, November 13th near Harbison Avenue and Ditman Street when a 12-year-old girl was approached by a 45 to 50-year old black or Hispanic man around 3:15 p.m. The girl ran to her friends, and the man walked away.
Two days later, police say an 11-year-old boy was followed by a man near Sanger and Ditman Streets around 3:15 p.m. Thursday. The victim said he was mumbling incoherently and described him as a black or Hispanic man with a beard, blue coat and black and white sneakers.
Police say the victims' descriptions all bear similarities, and they believe all of the children were walking home from Harding Junior High School between the hours of 3:00 and 5:00 p.m.
They are hoping that someone with information will come forward to help them solve this case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Special Victims Unit at (215) 685-3252.
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 1 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more