Wilm. Police arrest suspect in shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington detectives have arrested 16-year-old Nazier Johnson in connection with a September shooting.
Police say Johnson fired shots into a crowd in the 400 block of East 9th Street on September 26th almost striking a 65-year-old woman and her juvenile granddaughter.
Police say they received several calls after surveillance video aired on Action News.
One of those calls came from Corporal Darryl Saunders of the Newark Police Department who is also a School Resource Officer at Newark High School. He told detectives that he believed one of his students was the suspect.
Nazier Johnson was taken into custody on November 14th. He is being charged with two counts of reckless endangerment and possession of a firearm.
He was released to his parents on a $72,000 unsecured bond.
shooting, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 55 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 45 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 53 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
55 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
53 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
45 min ago