Man injured in fall on SEPTA's Regional Rail tracks
CENTER CITY - November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was injured after he fell onto SEPTA's Regional Rail tracks and got trapped underneath a train.
It happened around 5:15 Saturday morning near the 1600 block of JFK Boulevard in Center City.
Initial reports indicate that the victim - in his 20s - fell off a train platform and got stuck.
Firefighters worked to free the man and he was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still investigating what lead to the incident.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 52 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 25 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 50 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 51 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 7 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
48 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
47 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
52 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
51 min ago