Man injured in fall on SEPTA's Regional Rail tracks
CENTER CITY - November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was injured after he fell onto SEPTA's Regional Rail tracks and got trapped underneath a train.
It happened around 5:15 Saturday morning near the 1600 block of JFK Boulevard in Center City.
Initial reports indicate that the victim - in his 20s - fell off a train platform and got stuck.
Firefighters worked to free the man and he was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still investigating what lead to the incident.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 25 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 20 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 13 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 29 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more