5 hospitalized after CO exposure in Trenton
TRENTON, NJ - November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- At least five people have been hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside an apartment in Trenton.
It happened around 6:30 Saturday morning on the 1000 block of Chestnut Avenue.
Fire and EMS crews were called after reports that one person was unconscious and another person was dizzy and lightheaded.
Firefighters quickly determined that there were elevated levels of carbon monoxide in several locations.
Residents of the apartment building were evacuated.
At least five people were taken to St. Frances Hospital for observation.
Additional crews including PSE&G were called to the scene to assist.
Officials say a faulty heater appears to be the culprit.
new jersey, trenton, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 54 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 12 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos