Peacock spreads his wings in Port Richmond
PHILADELPHIA - November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- They say birds of a feather flock together, but tell that to a peacock who is strutting around a truck yard in Port Richmond.
Neighbors say the peacock appeared in a truck yard Friday behind Philadelphia Suzuki in the 2400 block of Castor Avenue.
While they appreciate seeing the beautifully feathered bird in the neighborhood, residents fear the bird will wander onto the major highway and get killed in traffic.
They say they have called Animal Control, Wildlife and the Philadelphia Zoo, but the bird remains in the truck yard.
Neighbors are giving the peacock food and water, but hopes someone will come to its aid with some form of shelter.
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos