Rutgers Camden students displaced as smoke fills dorm
CAMDEN, N.J. - November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of Rutgers-Camden University students have been evacuated from their dorm as a precaution due to a heavy smoke condition in the building's ground-floor laundry room.
No injuries were reported in Saturday afternoon's incident at the Rutgers Camden Tower, an on-campus building that houses roughly 200 undergraduate students. And while it appeared that a fire may have occurred there, school and fire officials were still trying to determine the source of the smoke and what, if any, damage had been caused.
The dorm was evacuated shortly after 4 p.m., and the displaced students were taken to the campus center to wait until the building was fully ventilated.
fire, rutgers university, new jersey, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 9 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 12 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 7 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
3 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing...
9 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
7 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos