Police: Rite Aid in NE Phila. robbed for third time
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Noveber 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the masked men who armed with guns, robbed a Rite-Aid pharmacy in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning at the pharmacy on Welsh Road.
Police tell Action News that this same Rite Aid was robbed twice back in May.
Authorities say in the most recent incident, three men entered the store and ordered the security guard down to the floor.
According to police, one of the masked men held the guard down with his foot and pointed a gun at him.
A second masked man ordered a patron to the floor and robbed him of his wallet.
A third man pointed a gun at the clerk and ordered her to open the safe and hand over the money.
All three suspects fled the store with an undisclosed amount of money and no one was injured.
Detectives are hoping to view security video from the store.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station