Police: Rite Aid in NE Phila. robbed for third time
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Noveber 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the masked men who armed with guns, robbed a Rite-Aid pharmacy in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning at the pharmacy on Welsh Road.
Police tell Action News that this same Rite Aid was robbed twice back in May.
Authorities say in the most recent incident, three men entered the store and ordered the security guard down to the floor.
According to police, one of the masked men held the guard down with his foot and pointed a gun at him.
A second masked man ordered a patron to the floor and robbed him of his wallet.
A third man pointed a gun at the clerk and ordered her to open the safe and hand over the money.
All three suspects fled the store with an undisclosed amount of money and no one was injured.
Detectives are hoping to view security video from the store.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 16 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 26 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots young man in face in Southwest Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 22 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
26 min ago