Police: Rite Aid in NE Phila. robbed for third time
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Noveber 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the masked men who armed with guns, robbed a Rite-Aid pharmacy in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning at the pharmacy on Welsh Road.
Police tell Action News that this same Rite Aid was robbed twice back in May.
Authorities say in the most recent incident, three men entered the store and ordered the security guard down to the floor.
According to police, one of the masked men held the guard down with his foot and pointed a gun at him.
A second masked man ordered a patron to the floor and robbed him of his wallet.
A third man pointed a gun at the clerk and ordered her to open the safe and hand over the money.
All three suspects fled the store with an undisclosed amount of money and no one was injured.
Detectives are hoping to view security video from the store.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids