Police: 10-year-old girl found, search for mother
PHILADELPHIA - November 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they've found a 10-year-old girl who was unlawfully taken from her guardian by her biological mother.
Authorities say around 10:45 p.m. Friday the girl's mother, 27-year-old Moriah Ford, took the child from a home on the 2500 block of West Gordon Street.
Ford then got into the passenger side of a dark colored, Chevrolet sedan and fled.
The child, Kimiyah Scott, was reported missing on Saturday.
An arrest warrant was then issued for Ford on the charge of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
According to police, Ford lost custody of Kimiyah back in October after allegedly assaulting her.
Late Sunday afternooon, police say they located Kimiyah.
"She was returned to a relative unharmed," a statement read.
However, they are still searching for Moriah Ford.
Anyone with information is asked to call Central Detective Division at 215-686-3093 or call 911.
philadelphia, missing children, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 56 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 29 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 42 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 40 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 37 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
56 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
29 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly...
42 min ago