Police: 10-year-old girl found, search for mother
PHILADELPHIA - November 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they've found a 10-year-old girl who was unlawfully taken from her guardian by her biological mother.
Authorities say around 10:45 p.m. Friday the girl's mother, 27-year-old Moriah Ford, took the child from a home on the 2500 block of West Gordon Street.
Ford then got into the passenger side of a dark colored, Chevrolet sedan and fled.
The child, Kimiyah Scott, was reported missing on Saturday.
An arrest warrant was then issued for Ford on the charge of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
According to police, Ford lost custody of Kimiyah back in October after allegedly assaulting her.
Late Sunday afternooon, police say they located Kimiyah.
"She was returned to a relative unharmed," a statement read.
However, they are still searching for Moriah Ford.
Anyone with information is asked to call Central Detective Division at 215-686-3093 or call 911.
philadelphia, missing children, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 13 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 15 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 24 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 55 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 14 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
13 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
15 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
24 min ago