Possible DUI driver swipes police car in NE Phila
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A van crashed into a police car overnight in Northeast Philadelphia, and police suspect the van's driver may have been under the influence.
The crash happened around 3:30 a.m. Monday on the 6900 block of Castor Avenue.
Police say the van swiped the police car.
No one was hurt.
Police tested the driver for DUI. The results of that test have not been released.
police, accident, DUI, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 17 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police