$123M settlement approved in Del. child abuse case
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County Superior Court judge has approved a $123 million settlement in a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of young children who were sexually abused by former Delaware pediatrician Earl Bradley.
Judge Joseph Slights III issued his ruling Monday after holding a hearing last week.
The settlement resolves claims against Beebe Medical Center, a southern Delaware hospital where Bradley had hospital privileges, the Medical Society of Delaware, and five physicians accused by the plaintiffs of not reporting suspicions about Bradley to authorities.
The 59-year-old Bradley is serving 14 life sentences for child rape after being convicted last year by a judge who viewed more than 13 hours of homemade videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs