$123M settlement approved in Del. child abuse case
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County Superior Court judge has approved a $123 million settlement in a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of young children who were sexually abused by former Delaware pediatrician Earl Bradley.
Judge Joseph Slights III issued his ruling Monday after holding a hearing last week.
The settlement resolves claims against Beebe Medical Center, a southern Delaware hospital where Bradley had hospital privileges, the Medical Society of Delaware, and five physicians accused by the plaintiffs of not reporting suspicions about Bradley to authorities.
The 59-year-old Bradley is serving 14 life sentences for child rape after being convicted last year by a judge who viewed more than 13 hours of homemade videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 34 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 36 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 40 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 42 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 17 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 38 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
34 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
36 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
40 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
8 min ago