Ex-Pa. prosecutor convicted of leaving crash scene
MEDIA, Pa. - November 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former assistant district attorney has been convicted of a misdemeanor in a hit-and-run crash that injured a suburban Philadelphia teenager a year ago.
Jurors in Delaware County deliberated for about 4½ hours before convicting 32-year-old Michael Donohue on Monday of leaving the scene of an accident, a misdemeanor because jurors said serious bodily injury hadn't resulted.
The judge earlier acquitted Donohue of more serious charges of aggravated assault and driving under the influence in the November 2011 accident that left a 14-year-old boy with a broken leg and pelvis as well as bleeding on the brain. He was hospitalized and missed three months of school.
Prosecutor Joseph McGettigan said Donohue had been out drinking with co-workers on that night. Donohue's defense attorney said that his client wasn't drunk.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos