Animal found skinned, cooked in Lehigh County
LYNNPORT, Pa. - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say a dead dog found along an eastern Pennsylvania road appeared to have been skinned and cooked.
Police in Lehigh County say troopers were dispatched to Lynn Township after the animal's carcass was discovered along Route 863.
Investigators said they believe the dog was killed sometime between Wednesday and Sunday. They did not specify the breed of the animal.
They said the dog's feet had been cut off and there was a rope tied around the right rear leg.
Troopers are asking for help from the public in solving the case, which they have classified as animal cruelty.
animals, pennsylvania, local/state
- SEPTA unveils contingency plan; union says strike unlikely 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 27 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 24 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 45 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
27 min ago