Reward offered in Philly bystander fatal shooting
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A $20,000 reward is being offered in the shooting death of a woman struck by a stray bullet during a birthday party in Philadelphia.
Investigators say 22-year-old Zykia Sanders was shot in the back as she ran away from a shooting scene early Saturday morning. Police say two men opened fire on the crowd outside an apartment building as the part wound down.
Although the shooters fired at least 15 rounds, Sanders was the only person struck. She was pronounced dead after arriving at a hospital.
Sanders was seeking a business administration degree from the University of Phoenix.
Homicide Capt. James Clark says investigators are still trying to determine who was the target of the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ