Man shot and wounded in Kensington, suspect at large
KENSINGTON - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting in Kensington.
Chopper 6 H-D was over F Street and Allegheny Avenue before 8:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers found a man who had been shot.
They believe the shooting took place at F and Lippincott Streets and the man was able to make it over to Allegheny Avenue.
Medics took him to an area hospital. There is no word on his condition.
Police are searching for the gunman.
He is described as a short black man with small build in his early to mid 20's. He was wearing black wool hat and black jeans.
Anyone with information on the suspect or the crime is asked to call Philadelphia Police.
philadelphia, shooting, kensington, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 7 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish