Man shot and wounded in Kensington, suspect at large
KENSINGTON - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting in Kensington.
Chopper 6 H-D was over F Street and Allegheny Avenue before 8:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers found a man who had been shot.
They believe the shooting took place at F and Lippincott Streets and the man was able to make it over to Allegheny Avenue.
Medics took him to an area hospital. There is no word on his condition.
Police are searching for the gunman.
He is described as a short black man with small build in his early to mid 20's. He was wearing black wool hat and black jeans.
Anyone with information on the suspect or the crime is asked to call Philadelphia Police.
philadelphia, shooting, kensington, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 9 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos