Police: Victim stabs teen suspect in attempted robbery
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old suspect was stabbed in the chest by the victim in what police say was an attempted robbery.
The incident occurred shortly before 6:00 p.m. on 29th and Dauphin streets in North Philadelphia.
Police say three men tried to attack and rob a 49-year-old man on the street.
According to police, in self-defense, the victim stabbed one of the males, a 15-year-old.
The teen was transported to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
No other arrests have been made.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, robbery, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 36 min ago
- Temps Soar 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 39 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 54 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 56 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 46 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
52 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
36 min ago