Police: Victim stabs teen suspect in attempted robbery
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old suspect was stabbed in the chest by the victim in what police say was an attempted robbery.
The incident occurred shortly before 6:00 p.m. on 29th and Dauphin streets in North Philadelphia.
Police say three men tried to attack and rob a 49-year-old man on the street.
According to police, in self-defense, the victim stabbed one of the males, a 15-year-old.
The teen was transported to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
No other arrests have been made.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 12 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 16 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
9 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
12 min ago