Taylor Swift parody video pokes fun at Andy Reid
PHILADELPHIA - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A video poking fun at Eagles coach Andy Reid and the Eagles' disappointing season is on YouTube and going viral.
It's a comical jab right at head football coach.
Inspired by the Eagles' losing streak, some fans came together to poke a little fun at the Birds' so-far dismal season, creating a parody of Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
"We are never ever ever gonna win with Andy," the lyrics go.
The video was shot and edited by Gloucester County filmmaker Shawn Caple who enlisted his friend Justin Silverman to play the coach.
"It sort of breaks up the monotony of it all. I mean, a little bit of humor during something as serious as people's dedications to the Eagles, it really, really helps," Caple said.
The Taylor look-a-like is singer Casey Conklin, daughter of Philadelphia comedian and radio personality Joe Conklin who's responsible for the song and the spot on Reid impression.
"We're not really worried about the video at all. we're trying to get someone to tackle, ramp up and tackle," Conklin said.
The video which was shot in FDR Park more than a week ago was posted on YouTube over the weekend and it already has more than 90,000 views.
"This strikes a chord because it's funny. The acting in that video is really good. It's a funny song; it's got some hooks," Conklin said.
Coach Reid probably hasn't logged on to take a look at the parody, but it's a song he could be hearing soon.
"I think it's going to catch on. I would be ecstatic if people sang it at the next game," Caple said.
philadelphia, philadelphia eagles, andy reid, local/state, kenneth moton
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands